Death, mortality and all things morbid
So, being faced with your own mortality, there are many things that can go through a person's head. You think about things that you would miss out on, people you love, things you haven't said yet, and things you have. Needless to say, near-death experiences are good at waking you up to what is going on in your life. For an example, I am sitting here with my computer, which I am currently frustrated at because it won't run this new game like I wish it would. Why do I want to spend my time doing this? Is there any point to playing video games? I realize what I think, because it has been a part of me for a very long time: that it is definitely worth it to play video games. I was in a car accident this past Sunday! I mean, here I am, worrying about video games, and all that matters, or should matter, anyway, is that my computer won't run this game.
I almost wish I had never played a video game. It would make things so much easier to now give them up. Death is a weird thing. Who really knows when it will come, whom it will strike, where it will find people in their day to day lives, and all sorts of other questions which I don't have the answers to. Maybe death comes to every man, but how will it find us? Where will we be?


1 Comments:
Jared! I just got your message from Sunday. I would've written you an email, but I left your address at home, and I was afraid it was too late to call your house tonight (it's 10:45 here). I'm going to try to call you tomorrow. Know that you're in my prayers.
~Abby
Post a Comment
<< Home