Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Crazy Times

My life is the weirdest thing in the world to me. It borders on absurd the more I think about it. I'm sitting in an upstairs room, typing about it. One thing that might be interesting to think about is trusting in God. I'm not sure I always know what this means, but it seems like an important thing in this life of mine. Trust is the belief that someone will be true to whatever they say and do. Does this make sense as a definition. If I trust something, I have the belief that what it has always done, or what it says it will do, it will do. Like I trust that when I am driving around and come to a green light, I believe that I can go ahead and drive through the intersection and that the people going the other way through will not ignore their red light and crash into me. Is trust in God the same type of thing? Is it nothing more than believing that He will do what He says He will do? Do I really believe that what God has done in the past, He can do right now? I mean, if I did, would I not live very differently, letting people know about this God who is always faithful. One of my roommates first pointed this idea out for me and I think that it is true. If God can do anything He wants to, He can most assuredly do whatever we need Him to do. You know what I need; I believe you can provide it. Done and done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home